Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Needful Thing

Over lunch yesterday with one of my dearest friends, I was reminded of my great need for God's Living Word to be breathed in my life...OFTEN! We were discussing the possibilty of beginning a Bible Study. And we reminded eachother of our great need for God's Word daily infused in our lives. We confessed our lack of faithfulness to The Word in the recent busy days of summer. We agreed that without the power of the Word in our lives, we grow weary and falter. We stand shakily on the shifting sand of circumstance, rather than on our Solid Rock. We have no well from which to draw the Water of Life. We agreed to begin Bible study together. We agreed, though in an unspoken manner, to hold eachother accountable to returning to the One who first loved us...The Word who was made flesh and dwelled among us (John 1).

I'm thankful for my dear friends...Annette and the Holy Spirit.

No comments: