Saturday, June 23, 2007

The First Step, Again

My friend and I began our new Bible Study together this week. I never cease to be amazed at how one short hour spent with other women who love the Lord and His Word can revive my spirit. In the dry, weary summer land I've been experiencing (naturally and physically), this time spent together seeking His face plumped up my wilted spirits and habits.

"For Women Only: The Bible Study" by Shaunti Feldhahn promises to be informative and invigorating. From the beginning we were challenged to be "one-sided" in our approach to this study. Don't be alarmed...the one side is MY side...opening it up to the Master Craftsman, the Transformer, the Redeemer of all things, and the Constructor of my life and relationships... allowing Him to work in ME to bring about change that will benefit and build up my man (and what a man he is, I might add) and my relationships with other males as well. Shaunti reminded me that it's not all about me...imagine that (sic). I was created FOR my man, to HELP my man, and to RESPECT my man. God gave me as a gift to this wonderful man of His creation. I want to be a gift worthy of my calling.

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Welcome to the land of Blog!! I'm glad you finally let us in on this! You are an inspiration to me and I'm already touched by what you're writing.

Can't wait to hear more about this study.

Love you,
steph.

God's girl said...

Girlfriend! I am glad you took the plunge into the blogosphere! You are wonderful and I am already loving your blog!
Much love,
Angela